Test Type: Motorway
Number of Questions: 50
Pass Mark: 43
Research by the IAM suggests that in their first year of driving nearly 20 per cent of men and 40 per cent of women avoid motorways.
By the third year after passing the test, 11 per cent of men and 28 per cent of women did no motorway driving.
Take this simple motorway quiz and get more confident of using the Motorway Network.
1) You are driving on a wet motorway with surface spray. You should:-
2) Motorway road surfaces tend to be at their most slippery:-
3) When driving along the motorway your overall stopping distance will be much longer when:-
4) What is the maximum speed for cars towing caravans on a Motorway?
5) Rear fog lights should be used on a motorway when visibility is below:-
6) You are travelling on a motorway. A bag falls off the roof rack. What should you do?
7) When joining a motorway you must always
8) What is the Maximum speed for a Heavy Goods vehicle (exceeding 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight)" on a Motorway?
9) If you are driving in the left lane of the motorway and find another vehicle merging from a slip road, what should you do?
10) The extreme right-hand lane of a four-lane motorway should be used:-
11) You are on a motorway at night. You MUST have your headlights switched on unless
12) What do GREEN studs on the motorway show?
13) Where are you most likely to see this sign?
14) A flashing motorway sign reads 'FOG' on a apparently clear road. What does this tell you?
15) You are joining a motorway.
Why is it important to make full use of the slip road ?
16) Usually, on a motorway, how far from the exit is the first sign showing the junction number?
17) On a Motorway in poor daylight what should you use?
18) What do AMBER studs on the motorway show?
19) A motorcycle is not allowed on a motorway if it has an engine size smaller than:-
20) You may only stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway
21) Which of the following statement is correct?
22) What does this motorway sign mean?
23) Blue reflective studs on a motorway indicate an area reserved for?
24) You are intending to leave the motorway at the next exit.
Before you reach the exit you should normally position your vehicle
25) When driving on a motorway, when should you indicate to change lanes?
26) What is the national speed limit for cars on a motorway?
27) Setting down or picking up passengers on a motorway is only allowed:-
28) Your vehicle has broken down on a motorway. You aren't able to stop on the hard shoulder. What should you do?
29) In which circumstances may you reverse on the motorway?
30) How will a police officer in a patrol car get you to stop on the Motorway?
31) A crawler lane on a motorway is found
32) What basic rule applies when you're using a motorway?
33) You are driving on a wet motorway with surface spray. You should:-
34) Motorway hard shoulders should ONLY be used for?
35) What should you do when driving or riding along a motorway?
36) You are travelling on a motorway. You decide you need a rest.
37) The left-hand lane of a motorway should be used for
38) On a motorway what is used to reduce traffic bunching?
39) What colour backgrounds do Motorway signs show?
40) You are driving on a well-lit motorway at night. You should?
41) You must ensure that any load carried on or in your vehicle while driving along the motorway is: -
2 answers required
42) A two-second gap between you and the car in front is when conditions are?
43) If there is ice or snow on a Motorway braking distances can increase by:-
44) What restrictions apply on a Motorway to new drivers holding a provisional driving licence?
45) The car below is moving with its hazard warning lights on. It's to let you know there is a hazard ahead.
What type of road is this allowed on?
46) You are the only one on a three lane motorway.
Which lane should you drive in if you are travelling at 70 mph in a car?
47) On a motorway the amber reflective studs can be found between
48) Which of the following are not allowed to use a motorway?
3 answers required
49) What is the normal (national) speed limit for cars in the left-hand lane of a three-laned motorway?
50) Which FOUR of these must NOT use motorways?
4 answers required